Park City Summer Activities Perfect For Thrill Seekers
Park City is the perfect playground for thrilling summer adventures. The sun is out, warm days are complemented by cool mountain nights, and activities abound! With summer around the corner, now is the time to plan your vacation. From luxury lodging with ample amenities to water-time sports and downhill biking, there’s something for anyone wanting to experience a little adventure. Our knowledgeable concierge shares all the best ways to enjoy summer in Park City, Utah.
Top Park City Summer Activities for Families
Are you looking for heart-thumping activities perfect for adults and kids? Searching for adventures that you can’t experience anywhere else? Well, then you’re in luck! Because Park City is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts, we have unique offerings for anyone visiting our mountain town—from parkour to riding down an Olympic bobsled track.
Utah Olympic Park: Immerse yourself in Park City’s Olympic past with a day of activities. With more than 400-acres to explore, you can spend an entire day at the Olympic Park, packed with both adrenaline-pumping activities and options for leisurely exploration. While the structure was built for the 2002 Winter Olympics, summer is a great time to visit the Olympic training grounds, two free Olympic museums, and the adventure park. If you’re looking for extra excitement, zoom down a zipline course, enjoy summer “extreme” tubing, or cruise down the Olympic bobsled track with a professional pilot. Top the day off with a Flying Aces All-Stars Show.
Woodward Park City: Where else but our town can you find a sports hub like Woodward Park City? This massive complex features myriad indoor and outdoor activities that are sure to wow any hardcore, extreme sports fan. Visitors can book two-hour sessions in anything from parkour, inline skating, tumbling, BMX biking, and more!
Rental Recommendation for Large Groups:
- Queen Esther 2447 is a mere two-and-a-half blocks from our free town shuttle, which means you have fast access to Olympic Park City, as well as other outdoor activities. Plus, this sprawling townhome sleeps up to 12 guests, so it’s excellent for large families traveling together.
- Park Station 122: Experience cozy mountain comfort only walking distance to the restaurants, galleries, and shops on Main Street. This comfortable condo can easily accommodate your family of 7.
Best Park City Summer Activities on the Water
If you’re looking to cool off from our desert heat, but still want some thrill-seeking fun, then it’s time to hit the water! Our lakes, streams, and rivers are populated with diverse fish, including kokanee salmon, rainbow trout, and mountain whitefish, making for some of the best fishing around. Go after a 20-pound cutthroat trout while boat fishing at Strawberry Reservoir or experience a Blue Ribbon fishery at the nearby Provo River. Take an extended hike through our mountain ranges and discover off-the-beaten-path fly fishing trails. Fishing not necessarily your thing? Make a splash with stand-up paddleboarding in the heart of Deer Valley or experience thrilling kayaking and white water rafting with All Seasons Adventures. No matter what aquatic activities you’re into, Park City has a water adventure for you!
Rental Recommendations for Water Fun:
- Edelweiss Haus: Charming condo complex that features properties fit for all group sizes. Guests can walk to the free town shuttle and be at Deer Valley for paddleboard lessons in no time or just lounge around the pool.
- Fairway Springs 4151: Large townhome with private hot tub, walkable access to Town Lift, and complimentary shuttle to the Canyons Village. Features a large dining area and outdoor grill perfect for cooking up your catch of the day.
Adventure Time on the Mountain
There is no denying that Park City is a world-class destination for mountain bikers and hikers. In fact, we’re home to more than four hundred public trails that people from all over the world come to experience. While Park City offers a plethora of picturesque mellow paths to traverse on foot or by two-wheels, we also boast some high-octane, action-packed courses that are true tests of endurance and skill. Wasatch Crest Trail and Jenni’s Trail are excellent intermediate biking and hiking trails while Deer Valley Resort offers a network of lift-accessible trails for beginners and experts alike. For expert tours, and to learn even more top-notch cycling spots, All Seasons Adventures provides awesome tours for even the most skilled riders.
Rental Recommendation for Mountain Access:
- Snow Flower Complex: Ski-in/ski-out property during the winter months makes this gorgeous complex ideal during the summer for anyone wanting to maximize their time on the mountain. Amenities include outdoor BBQ areas, a heated pool, and a fitness center.
- Lift412: Catch unparalleled mountain views from this modern condo complex with close access to hiking and biking trails. Hang out in the community heated pool or steam room after a day of activities.
Explore Beautiful Vacation Rentals in Park City
Whether you’re looking for a mountainside condo for mountain biking action or a sprawling home for a family summer vacation, Park City Lodging has a rental for your needs. Our concierge service is available to help you plan and arrange your Park City stay details. Explore our premier properties and book your next vacation rental with us!
Published by Park City Lodging
Wednesday, June 1, 2022