Family Holiday Itinerary
Family Holiday Itinerary
As “Winter’s Favorite Town”, Park City is ideal for a family holiday celebration. The twinkling lights on snow-dusted trees, the festive displays in the shops and galleries on Main Street, the cozy warmth of the fireplace and of course, the limitless options for delectable food and drink, all come together to delight and refresh the whole family.
Park City Lodging’s concierge services team is friendly, savvy, and standing by to help with local insight. You can call ahead and book dinner reservations, transportation, childcare, grocery delivery, you name it. If Christmas Eve services or Chanukah observance are part of your family’s tradition, our concierge team can provide all the resources you need. To help jump-start your Park City vacation planning, check out the sample itinerary below.
There is no need to rent a car when you book a ski in/ski out property near Main Street, such as 820 Park Ave. With shopping, dining, night life and skiing right out your front door what’s not to love? Enjoy the free area-wise shuttle to access the greater Park City area.
Day 1 –
- Check in – Start your vacation the second you arrive by enjoying direct-to-property check-in with the majority of Park City Lodging’s properties. How slick is that?
- Get set up with Ski and Snowboard equipment – Park City Sport is located at the base of Town Lift offering convenient access from 820 Park. Park City Lodging guests receive 20% off rentals and free equipment storage. Looking for something different? Ski Butlers can bring equipment to you and fit everyone right there in the condo, or stop by any number of convenient Aloha Ski & Snowboard locations.
- Call ahead or go online to All Seasons Grocery and have your favorite food and beverages waiting when you get there. You’ll be all set to grab a snack or make a toast!
- Take the short walk to Town Lift or catch the bus to Deer Valley or Canyons Village and hit the slopes! If it’s your first day of the season or you just want to get to know the mountain or brush up on your skills, Ski School is a terrific idea. Especially for the little ones, ski school can really build confidence and make your time on the mountain more comfortable and fun. Check out the options Park City Mountain Ski School and Deer Valley Ski School
- Meet up for lunch – on the mountain at Park City Summit House and the new Tombstone Grill & BBQ are terrific options with adult and kid-friendly menus. Deer Valley is renowned for its food – your trip won’t be complete without a bowl of their turkey chili. If you’re skiing at Park City Mountain it’s easy to get off and on your skis at Town Lift and enjoy lunch at Bridge Cafe & Grill.
- Apres Ski – soothe tired legs and soak in the hot tub at the condo before venturing out for dinner. Red Banjo Pizza Parlour has been a family favorite for over 50 years, and Park City Lodging guests get a discount! Want to start apres the minute you step off the slopes? Head to the Corner Store located in the Park City Mountain Village for fun music, food, and drinks.
- Head to River Horse Provisions for a delicious and healthy breakfast. Great coffee, smoothies, hearty breakfast sandwiches and full on huevos rancheros, all prepared with the culinary excellence of Park City’s top-rated restaurant, Riverhorse on Main. There’s a Gourmet on the Go menu, so you can pick out some items to put in your pockets or backpack to take out on the slopes.
- Take advantage of the comfort of your condo and have dinner in. If you don’t want to cook yourself, a terrific option is to have it catered. Not necessarily in the traditional sense, but there are a few private chef services that can prepare and drop off a delectable meal that’s exactly what your family likes. One of our favorites is Cuisine Unlimited – they offer a full range of menus, and they’re the only caterer in the state that can prepare and deliver a truly kosher meal – Park City Lodging guests receive 10% off catering and apres service. Another favorite is Epicurean Chef’s amazing sous vide entrees.
- After dinner, head to Woodward Park City for tubing under the lights. Rope tows and magic carpets make it easy to get up the hill, and there are lots of long lanes with a variety of steepness/speed, so everyone in the family can have a great time.
Day 4 –
- There’s lots to explore in Park City besides the slopes. Start the day with yoga at Enlighten Wellness, or a workout at Silver Mountain Sports Club & Spa.
- Did you know that Park City’s Freshie’s Lobster Co. was voted the World’s Best Lobster Roll? It’s a great place to grab lunch.
- After lunch there’s time for a half day skiing, or try another activity. At Red Flower Studios you can create your own unique blown glass souvenir, or work together as a team to solve the puzzles at Escape Room Park City.
- For your last night in town, let Guardian Angel take care of the kids and enjoy a date night at Park City’s iconic special occasion restaurant, Adolph’s. All the classics – start with a bottle of wine from their extensive cellar and authentic Swiss fondue, then world famous Wienerschnitzel, and complete the evening with a flaming dessert, Bananas Foster or Cherries Jubilee. Truth be told, they have a fantastic kids menu as well; you decide who you want to bring on your date.
Day 5 –
- We hate to see you go, but we make it easy to check out and also enjoy your last day in town. Store your bags at our front desk and head to the slopes, or out for some cross country skiing or snowshoeing on the extensive trail system surrounding Park City. All Seasons Adventures has guides and gear and even snacks, so it’s easy to enjoy your trek.
There are limitless options, and we’re standing by to help you put together your custom itinerary. Give us a shout!
CALL CONCIERGE: (866)-966-5713
The post Family Holiday Itinerary appeared first on Park City Lodging.
Published on Thursday, November 14, 2019