Spring time is the best time… to be in Park City, of course! Warmer temperatures, bluebird skies, ski beaches, tons of activities, competitions and family fun, there’s something for everyone! (hey that rhymes). And we are still keeping our fingers crossed for more new snow!
So here’s what’s going on in Park City this weekend. Grab your family and/or group of friends and get out on the mountain or to any of the following events:
– March 8 – March 10: Red, White & Snow Premiere Fundraiser hosted by the National Ability Center. This three-day event celebrates some of the nation’s top chefs and finest vintners. The event offers a unique opportunity for culinary and wine connoisseurs, vintners, chefs, and skiers from across the country to mingle in an extraordinary setting. The weekend is made up of a variety of wine tastings, vintner dinners hosted at private homes in Park City and Deer Valley, three ski days at three different local resorts, and culminates with a gala dinner and auction. All proceeds from the event directly benefit the National Ability Center’s programs for individuals with disabilities. To watch a video of the event, click here.
– March 9 – March 10: Tommy Castro and the Painkillers at the Egyptian Theatre. Winner of the B.B. King Entertainer of the Year, Contemporary Blues Artist of the Year, and Contemporary Blues Album of the Year-Hard Believer.
– March 10: Apres Ski and Ride the Mechanical Bull. Drinks and Live Music with the Josh Taylor Band while riding the mechanical bull at The Corner Store Pub & Grill from 3-6 pm. The Corner Store is located at the base of Park City Mountain Resort. Head on down after a great day on the mountain!
– March 10: Artist Reception with Thomas Mangelsen at the MANGELSEN: Images of Nature Gallery, located at 364 Main Street. The reception starts at 5:00 and is FREE and open to the public and light refreshments will be served. Don’t meet your chance to meet the award-winning wildlife and nature photographer Thomas Mangelsen. The gallery will be featuring the newest images in his collection and Mangelsen will be there is person to greet the public and autograph images purchased in the gallery that night.
– March 10: Round Valley Roundup Nordic Ski Race and festivities at Round Valley, presented by Mountain Trails Foundation. The Roundup is a 5K, 20K, and 40K community based event designed to encourage skiers of all levels. Pro level skiers will find it fast, amateur racers a great challenge, and life style skiers a tick on the bucket list. The race will be a one or two lap event, easy up hill grades, fun downhills, and totally spectator friendly. Elevation change in one lap is approx. 1,200 feet with no hill exceeding 200 feet of gain. Participants and spectators can take part in clinics, learn about and/or tryout the latest technology in our sponsor village.
– March 10: Saturday Spring Concert Series at the Canyons. This weeks special performer is Patwa Reggae Band. Enjoy a great day on the mountain and then relax to some live music with drink or hot chocolate in hard.