You have no excuse of saying “there’s nothing to do this weekend.” Park City is packed with plenty of activities, events, competitions and entertainment. In fact, spring in Park City is one of the best times to hit the slopes! Sunny days, warmer weather and not to mention the SNOW.
That’s right, Park City has received up to 30″ of fresh powder in the last 72 hours. It’s glorious, just glorious. So if you’re looking for something to do this weekend check out the list of activities below. There’s something for the whole family to enjoy!
1. Well first things first, it’s SNOWING people! So the number 1 thing to do this weekend is to hit the slopes. Luckily, Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley Resort and Canyons Resort are all within 10 minutes of each other in Park City. And if you’re looking for even deeper POW, you can head to Brighton, Solitude, Snowbird, Alta or Snowbasin, all of which are about a 45 minute drive from Park City. Check out the Snow Report here for more snow on the way!
2. Head over to Park City Mountain Resort this weekend for tons of FUN! Here’s what’s going on:
- Friday, March 2: Friday Night Jib Fights – click here for full details
- Friday, March 2: Sunday, March 4: King of the Wasatch: The King of the Wasatch is a long standing tradition at Park City Mountain Resort. This event is held in partnership with the Park City Snowboard Team and marks the finals of the Intermountain Snowboard Series. The KOW will decide the Series Champions and who will get the automatic invite to Nationals at Copper in the beginning of April. For more information, click here.
- Friday, March 2 – Sunday, March 4: Intermountain Freestyle Championships – this event is taking place all weekend. For more information, click here.
- Saturday, March 3: National Ability Ski Challenge. The Halti Ability Snow Challenge is a fun-filled day of skiing and competition hosted at Park City Mountain Resort to benefit the National Ability Center. Grab your family, co-workers or friends, form a four-person team or sign up as an individual; Skiers and snowboarders of all ages and abilities are welcome! Click here for more information or to register!
Or you can head over to Canyons Resort for a fun-filled weekend as well! This weekend, and every weekend until March 19, is the Canyons Spring Concert Series. Every Saturday you can join family and friends at the base of Canyons for a free concert. Here’s what’s going on:
- Saturday, March 3: The Canis Lupus Challenge presented by Lib Tech. Canis Lupus is a 1/4 mile-long gulley that serves up gated, banked slalom berms off the start, steep walls, whoops and break-overs the rest of the way down. Must be 10 years of age or older to enter. For more information or to register, click here.
- Saturday, March 3: Spring Concert Series with the Ugly Valley Boys. End your day on the slopes with a nice cold beverage or hot chocolate and free live music at the base of Canyons. What could be more perfect than that?
- Saturday, March 3: Saturday Night Western BBQ. End an unforgettable day of skiing and riding by kicking up your heels to a live country-western band while chefs present a legendary Western BBQ Buffet, including slow-cooked prime rib, BBQ ribs, chicken and a dessert buffet. Located at Red Pine Lodge, the BBQ is accessed by an evening ride on Red Pine Gondola. This event is not free, so for full details and cost to attend, click here.
No matter what, there’s something for everyone in the family to enjoy! You can head to the resorts or you can check out Main Street and other local attractions. Here’s what else is going on in and around town this weekend:
- Friday, March 2 – Saturday, March 3: Stand-Up Comedy at the Egyptian Theatre. Headliner Keith Barany proudly pronounces himself a clean comic and has appeared with Bob Hope, Jerry Seinfeld, Joan Rivers, and John Stewart. He’s proof that comedians can be tasteful & hilarious without being corny. Featured Act,Brandon Vestal has appeared on NBC’s Last Comic Standing, plays regularly on XM/Siriusradio, was named “Best of the West” at the Detroit Comedy festival, and recently won the first annual Hollywood Comedy Festival. Brandon has been described as a great storyteller with insightful material. His deeply personal and honest style has made him a fast favorite on the college and comedy club circuits.Shows: Friday & Saturday, March 2-3 at 8pm Tickets: $15 Advance/$18 Door. Front-of-House Seating $18 Advance/$20 Door. Cabaret Seating $25 Advance/$30 Door.
- Friday, March 2 – Sunday, March 4: Park City Film Series presents My Week with Marilyn with actress Michelle Williams. The show starts at 8 pm on Friday and Saturday and at 6 pm on Sunday.
- Friday, March 2 – Saturday, March 3: Fox School of Wine Weekend Wine Series. Classes are offered Friday and Saturday nights (except holidays) from 6:15-7:00 p.m. at the Silver Baron Lodge in lower Deer Valley (2880 Deer Valley Dr., East, Park City, Utah). Class is $25 per person with a maximum of 20 people. Classes sell out so sign up early! For more information or to register, click here.
For a full list of events and activities going on this weekend, you can visit the Chamber’s website for a full calendar of events. I know it’s going to be hard to decide with so much going on in Park City, but no what matter what, you’re guaranteed to have a fun-tastic time! Hope to see you on the mountain too!!!