Park City is a winter wonderland. While many come to Park City for the “Greatest Snow on Earth,” Park City Lodging understands that not everyone wants to ski or snowboard. We have compiled a list of some our favorite Park City winter activities that aren’t skiing or snowboarding.
1) Snowshoe Tours: Get the heart rate up and enjoy some aerobic exercise. Take in the scenic snowscapes of the backountry. Enjoy the quieter side of Park City’s mountains.
2) Winter Fly Fishing: For the avid angler who wants it all, why not add a day on the fly to your ski vacation? Explore one of Utah’s many blue ribbon fisheries and enjoy the sanctuary of uncrowded banks on a peaceful winter day.
3) Trap Shooting: Just 20 minutes from Park City, enjoy an afternoon of shooting clay pigeons from a rustic trap.
4) Dogsledding: A once in a lifetime experience for the whole family. Learn the ropes of dog sledding, meet the friendly (and furry) sled team, and take in the stunning mountain landscape. Hurry and book today, this highly sought after activity will sell out soon!
5) Sleigh Rides: Complete your mountain vacation with a classic horse-drawn sleigh ride.
6) Snowmobiling: Experience snowmobiling at its best in the Uinta National Forest. Explore on your own or take advantage of a guided tour on an almost unlimited amount of trails and meadows.
Utah Olympic Park was built in 2002 for the Olympics. It is still being used today to train future Olympians. Utah Olympic Park offers year-round adventure. From learning about the Park’s unique Olympic heritage on a guided tour to taking a ride of a lifetime on the Comet Bobsled Ride, Utah Olympic Park offers activities for all. 7) Bobsledding: Experience the thrill of a lifetime in a bobsled on the 2002 Olympics Sliding Track. A professional pilot will take three passengers on a thrilling ride down the track.
Utah Olympic Park was built in 2002 for the Olympics. It is still being used today to train future Olympians. Utah Olympic Park offers year-round adventure. From learning about the Park’s unique Olympic heritage on a guided tour to taking a ride of a lifetime on the Comet Bobsled Ride, Utah Olympic Park offers activities for all.
7) Bobsledding: Experience the thrill of a lifetime in a bobsled on the 2002 Olympics Sliding Track. A professional pilot will take three passengers on a thrilling ride down the track.
8) Ropes Course: Utah Olympic Park offers several ropes courses. Test your abilities across the traverses that include swinging elements, wire, logs, and other problem-solving features. Their advanced course will have participants 55 feet in air!
9) Zip Lining: Ever wondered what it was like to be an Olympic ski jumper? Strap in to the Extreme Zipline and go for an exhilarating ride above the K120 nordic jump. Take a friend or family member and fly alongside. This is one of the steepest ziplines in the world!
11) The Paint Mixer: The Paint Mixer is the newest venue for art entertainment and wine instruction located on lower Main Street. Bring your friends and family to follow step-by-step instruction to recreate a featured painting. It’s stress-free and absolutely no experience is necessary! Park City Lodging guests enjoy $5 off using code “PCLODGE”
12) Shop ‘Till You Drop:
13) Gorgoza Tubing Park: Offering seven lift-served tubing lanes; kid-friendly mini-snowmobiles; and the Fort Frosty play area, Gorgoza helps provide family adventures and memories that will last a lifetime.
14) Park City Film Series: Enjoy Park City’s only Art House Theater, presenting the best of independent feature, documentary, world, and local cinema.
Our Concierge Service team would love to help customize your stay here in Park City, Utah. We have partnered with the best in Park City to offer our guests fantastic activities, services and discounts.
From ski rentals and snowshoe tours to grocery delivery and dining reservations, we can help ensure you don’t miss a single exciting moment during your Park City vacation. For more concierge opportunities explore our website or mobile app. With so many possibilities let our experienced concierge team help make your vacation unforgettable!
We all want to be a hero during the holiday season and rightfully so. The holidays are supposed to be a joyful time spent with family and friends, not stressing out shopping in department stores. A Park City ski vacation could be a great opportunity to try something new, reconnect with family or friends, and make lifelong memories. No matter what your family members are into Park City can satisfy almost every want or need. Here are our top Five Reasons on Why Choose a Park City Ski Vacation.
For any additional information on Ski Vacations please visit our winter activities page here or speak with one of our destination specialists. Park City Lodging offers incredible accommodations set to fit any family or group size. Be the holiday hero and give your family what they really want, a Park City ski vacation.
Where did summer go? Here in Park City we’re still chasing the sun. There’s trails to be blazed and mountains to be conquered. Take advantage of the upcoming Labor Day weekend to get your outdoor fill. The cool temperatures make it perfect whether you’re looking to explore by stand-up paddle board or with trekking poles in hand. Enjoy Park City’s Last Summer Hoorah this Labor Day as we start gearing down for winter operations!
Enjoy lift-operated hikes and activities such as the Alpine Slide through the rest of summer. Canyons Village is open daily through Sept. 5 then is open for weekends until Oct. 2.
Get your adrenaline rush on almost 70 miles of mountain bike trails accessed via three chairlifts before summer is over!
Winter is coming. Before you know it, you’ll be shredding fresh corduroy at Park City’s two legendary resorts. Book now, ski powder later!
Soak up the sun this Labor Day with a Park City vacation. Our destination specialists make it easy to create a memorable getaway. Call them today at (877) 864-4927 to learn more about Park City’s Last Summer Hoorah!
Make it a weekend getaway! We have a hand-picked selection of accommodations and special deals that you won’t see anywhere else. We are your local lodging experts, check out our specials page for one a kind packages and how to make the most of a long weekend.
GREAT news for us and all you ski/snowboard lovers!
More snow means more business for Utah’s ski resorts.
Talk to a team member now