We all want to be a hero during the holiday season and rightfully so. The holidays are supposed to be a joyful time spent with family and friends, not stressing out shopping in department stores. A Park City ski vacation could be a great opportunity to try something new, reconnect with family or friends, and make lifelong memories. No matter what your family members are into Park City can satisfy almost every want or need. Here are our top Five Reasons on Why Choose a Park City Ski Vacation.
- The Largest Ski Resort In the USA– You’ve probably heard by now that as of the 2015-16 ski season Vail Resorts has linked Canyons and Park City Mountain Resort to create the largest ski resort in the United States. The statistics are staggering: 7,300 acres of skiable terrain, 17 peaks, 14 bowls, 300+ trails, 16 on-mountain dining locations, and over 150 park features. Your family or group will need more than a weekend to explore all the terrain on their Park City ski vacation. The options are endless.
- The Greatest Snow on Earth®– It’s no secret that Utah claims to have “The Greatest Snow on Earth®” you can see it on license plates, it’s even trade marked by Ski Utah. But does Utah really have what it takes to back up this claim? Let’s take a look. From December through March, more than a foot of snow falls every five days in the Wasatch Range. Utah’s snow density is 8.5 percent making it the perfect weight to float through. Utah on average, receives 18 storms a year that produce more than 12 inches in a 24-hour period. Spring skiing is redefined in Utah where on average, 6.7 feet of snow falls each April. So yeah, I think Utah can back up the claim.
- Affordability– Did you know Fifth graders can ski or ride three times FREE at each of Utah’s 14 resorts with the Ski Utah 5th Grade Passport? Processing Fee is $35 (price increases after January 31, 2017). Sixth graders can ski or ride one time FREE at each resort. Processing Fee is $35 (price increases after January 31, 2017). To complete the online passport application head over to Ski Utah and follow the prompts and instructions. The Passport is full of special deals and coupons for ski and snowboard rentals, lessons, and other great perks to help kids experience skiing in Utah.
- Easy Access– Both of Park City’s ski resorts are under 40 miles from Salt Lake City International Airport and can be accessed in under an hour. This quick access allows many travelers to fly in and ski the same day.
- Loads of Other Winter Activities– If your family or group isn’t interested in skiing until they collapse maybe it’s time to consider the other winter activities that Park City has to offer like horse drawn sleighs, bobsledding, snowmobiling or maybe the Sundance Institute and it’s many screenings of undiscovered hit films. Park City is full of world class shopping, dining, and arts. No matter the interest Park City can fill it.
For any additional information on Ski Vacations please visit our winter activities page here or speak with one of our destination specialists. Park City Lodging offers incredible accommodations set to fit any family or group size. Be the holiday hero and give your family what they really want, a Park City ski vacation.