Attention Mountain Biking Enthusiasts! Park City Lodging, Inc. is now a Corporate Member and an official Destination Partner of the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA), which is a non-profit educational association whose mission is to create, enhance and preserve great mountain biking experiences. As an IMBA member, Park City Lodging, Inc. is joining a community of over 80,000 mountain biking enthusiasts.
What does this mean?… We are honored that Park City was named the first-ever Gold Ride Center® in the world, and we wanted to help promote Park City as a major mountain biking destination… because after all, it is! Now we can further support the mountain bike tourism industry, while providing valuable trip-planning resources to IMBA’s 80,000 members and numerous visitors, just like you.
In November 2011, IMBA designated Park City, UT as the first and only Gold Ride Center®, making it the model for all IMBA Ride Center Programs. According to IMBA’s website, The Ride Center® designation represents IMBA’s Model Trail recognition for large-scale mountain bike facilities that offer something for every rider. The IMBA staff selects candidates for Ride Centers recognition on an invitation-only basis.
Facts about Mountain Biking in Park City:
- Park City boasts over 350 miles of trails, ranging in elevation from roughly 7,000 ft. to 10,000 ft.
- We have a variety terrain for any ability level or any style of riding – from beginner and intermediate to advanced, expert and extreme!
- Each Park City Resort – Deer Valley, Park City Mountain and Canyons – offers lift-served mountain biking options.
- Deer Valley was rated by Mountain Bike Action as one of the ten best mountain destinations with over 50 miles of panoramic single and double track trails.
- Last summer Canyons Resort introduced an all-new bike park located mid-mountain. The park includes a Skills Park and three different skill-level trails with a variety of features serviced by the High Meadow lift.
- Trailside Bike Park: There are roughly 2.5 miles of singletrack and hard surface trails around the park. The skills park and the new Trailside Bike Park are located just above the upper parking lot off the Upper Trailside Loop Trail.
- Two Words: Convenience and Accessibility – Park City is located only 35 miles from the Salt Lake International Airport, so you can catch a morning a flight and be on the mountain with plenty of time to ride all in the same day! Plus, many of our trails are easily accessible and are within pedaling distance of many of our lodging options.
Bottom Line: Park City is a haven for mountain biking enthusiasts and for families to enjoy. Our variety of terrain, bike parks and scenic cruises are perfect for all ability levels. And not to mention the plethora of other summer activities in Park City from hiking, fly fishing, rock climbing, horseback riding, rafting, farmers markets, live music, and so much more!
As an IMBA Destination Partner, Park City Lodging, Inc. is able to provide you with the perfect mountain experience and getaway. We manage more than 150 properties in and around Park City, including Main Street, Deer Valley and Canyons. Guests have the option of staying at a bike-in/bike-out hotel, condominium or private home with easy access to the trails. We also partner with local businesses to offer our guests special discounts on bike rentals and equipment.
So make Park City your mountain biking destination this summer and let our destination specialists at Park City Lodging, Inc. help you plan the perfect mountain adventure!
In the News: IMBA and Park City Lodging, Inc. – click here to read the article