Fall in Park City, Utah is a magical time of year. As the summer temps give way to cooler temps, the leaves begin to change, the energy around town stirs with excitement with thoughts of winter. The truth is, fall in Park City is hard to beat. There are still plenty of activities and events through the autumn season. Park City has a full range of activities for everyone, from the avid recreationalist to the history buff. Park City Lodging has you covered. Come visit us this fall in gorgeous Park City, Utah.
1. Autumn Aloft – September 15-6th, 2018 – A fall favorite every year! Watch as hot air balloons take off from the North 40 Playing Fields. A dazzling array of colors and a variety of balloons make this a must see event. On Saturday evening, 8 balloon baskets will be on historic Main Street.
2. Howl-O-Ween! – October 31st, 2018 – Named one of the top Halloween celebrations in the country by Travel and Leisure magazine, Howl-o-ween is fantastic fun for both two and four-legged creatures. Main Street is packed with all the Park City pooches in their own creative costumes. The kids can go trick or treating at the Main Street businesses.
2+. If the pups in costume aren’t your thing, get spooked with a Park City Ghost Tour that will take you through historic Park City.
3. Mountain Bike – Enjoy the fall colors and cool temperatures on Park City’s IMBA Gold Level trails. With over 450 miles of trails, there is no shortage of good riding. The yellow aspens contrasting the evergreens are a site to see.
3+. Feel like racing? Check out the Tour des Suds mountain bike race on September 16th, 2018. This is a 7-mile mountain bike climb starting in City Park and finishing at the top. Costumes are encouraged.
Deer Valley Resort summer operations conclude September 16, 2018. Park City Mountain is open until September 30th, 2018.
4. Scenic Drive – Take a drive and soak up with the breathtaking views and fall colors. Whether looking for a short drive like to Guardsman Pass or a longer drive up the Mirror Lake Highway, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to pull out your camera.
5. Farmers’ Market – Get locally grown produce and fresh baked goods every Wednesday until October 25th, 2018.
6. Explore Town on an eBike – Park City and Summit County launched the country’s first all-electric bike share program. Rent some bikes from one of the convenient kiosks and ride through Park City with ease.
7. Final Friday – Gallery Stroll – This free event is perfect for taking in over 20 galleries on Main Street. 6-9 PM on the final Friday of every month.
8. Dine About – A 9 day extravaganza in October featuring lunches or dinners from your favorite area restaurants – just $10 or $15 per person for each lunch, and $20 or $40 per person for each dinner. This is your chance to enjoy the variety of culinary options Park City has to offer.
9. Utah Olympic Park – Red Bull 400 will take place on September 15th, 2018. Participants will run and race up the 400m Nordic ski jump at the Utah Olympic Park.
9+. If running isn’t your thing, brush up on your Utah ski history at the Utah Olympic Park museum. Summer activities through September 3rd, 2017.
Plan your trip today! Please call one of our Destination Specialists at 435.649.6175. If you need any recommendations, reservations, or help planning your perfect Park City vacation, our concierge team is more than happy to help.